[IRCA] WLPO DX TEST - Visited the Station this morning while DX Test was on!

[IRCA] WLPO DX TEST - Visited the Station this morning while DX Test was on!

I was at the station during the last half of the 1/2 hour DX test this
morning.  Chatted with Steve Volger, the CE who was has been at WLPO for 40
years!  Steve mentioned that while the power for this DX Test was at 1kw
daytime level, the pattern was nighttime.  WLPO has a sharp null at 79
degrees amied at Waukegan, IL to protect WKRS 1220Khz.

While there at WLPO during the test only one E-mail was received, from Pat
in Seaside.  Only
one call came in a few minutes after the end of test from California.

Took a photo of Steve Volger sitting at his computer with the E-mail from
Pat Martin on the monitor.

WLPO is an hour drive west of here.  Before leaving home I setup R8A
receiver and recorder.  Copied a somewhat poor/medium signal under WKH
from Cleveland, and the IBOC hash from 1210 WPHT.

WLPO's daytime signal is quite strong here so they are unneeded for my log.
First heard and verified WLPO back in 1965.

Tom Jasinski
Shorewood, IL