Re: [IRCA] TPs for 10-26

At 07:39 AM 10/26/2007, you wrote:

>Good morning
>
>Listened from 1255-1345 UT and it was better than the last few days with carriers on 531, 558, 585, 594, 603, 648. 666, 693, 729, 747, 756, 774, 828, 873, 891, 945, 954, 972, 1017 and 1566.
>
>693  JOAB with JJ talk at 1324 UT
>747  JOIB  with JJ talk at 1338 UT
>774  JOUB with JJ talk at 1337 UT
>828  JOBB with JJ talk at 1324  UT
>
>Bill Block
>Prescott Valley, AZ
>Drake R8

 Agree that the upper band was pretty dismal, although there seemed to be a rally after 14:00 compared to before.  I had to close shop, though, to go to work, so no idea whether it improved any further later.  My favourite was 666 with very
strong signals around 14:16 (a 9, but over several minutes deep fades down and then back) which sounded JJ to me.  I assumed NHK1, but no, they were not // to other NHK1 stations.  There are several CC stations listed, but it did not sound CC at all.  I'll have to send a clip on for ID if possible.  Otherwise mostly all JJ with the major low banders audible, often at very nice levels (8s), and a smattering of DU.  No sign of Fiji on 639 today, though.  As for IBOC, the only problem frequency for me is 1179 which is obliterated day in and day out by presumed IBOC.  No other frequency is nearly as bad.  Cheers!............Walt.