[IRCA] Cappahayden part 3

Jim Renfrew & Saul Chernos, Cappahayden NL, Canada

Interesting conditions tonight.  Seemed like a decent TA night, but
then around 0100z conditions became disturbed, with various powerhouse
signls dipping in strength or disappearing at times, and Middle
East/North Africa signals popping in.  A shift to the south wire
rewarded us with lots of South American signals, the best I've seen in
the last three years.  We used to have huge pile-ups on Brazilian
channels, and this was nothing close to that, but it was nice to have
one or two of them at a time on many channels.  It is enough to draw
Jean back from Halifax!

With our hosts bedded down, a good time to use the computer.

1800z  No sign of India, China, South Korea, Taiwan or Sri Lanka

1830   1413 VO Russia, Moldova
1910   1080 Koranic singing - no ID, but a report from Carlos
Goncalves in a recent DXLD mentions an RTM-Q program on 1079.9, so I
am guessing that this is what it was.  Not off-frequency, though.

1933   1071 Koranic singing

1941   1053.09  The mystery of the night.  Strongest, at first, on the
south wire, but finally blowing away TalkSport on the north wire with
a wide filter.  A chatty woman at first, with music, talk after 2000.
No ID heard, but there were eight bells sounded twice at 2000.  It
sure sounded like Arabic to me, "arabiya", "Islamiya".  Not parallel
to anything else I could find from Morocco, Egypt, Libya, etc.   Noted
to at least 2157.

2123   Portuguese heard on various channnels, 1350, 1290, 1280, 1240,
1220, 1190, 1130, 1070, 700, 1330.

2128   1130 Radio Nacional // 11780

2200   1340 Radio Sao Luiz

2228   630 Koranic singing, Tunisia I suppose.

2230-0030  lots of Brazil and Venezuela, nothing new

0025   567  Brief Koranic singing or pop music under Ireland

0049   747  Middle Eastern music under Netherlands

0105   864  Egypt with Koranic singing as France disappeared

0108   855  Romania blows away Spain

0132   774  Egypt all alone

0140   729  Greece, I think, but the music had me thinking Arab world
at first.  Spain is MIA.

0149   918  UNID Middle Eastern music, no parallels found

0230-0430   1190, 1270, 1030, 1350 Argentia noted.  Nothing heard from
Paraguay or Uruguay, however.  The 1020.04 Paraguay was only a het.
The Brazilian stations stubbornly broadcast impassioned religion but
not IDs.

Now to bed.