[IRCA] TPs on 17 Oct 2007

During a lull in the TA action, I can post my results from this morning,
with was another very good one for the TPs here in southern Alberta.
Nearly even split frequency had a carrier, and I noted audio on nearly 40.

The highlights:

639 - CNR1 from China with an amazing signal at times

657 - After never hearing North Korea until a few days ago I heard it
again today, and better than last time.

675 - A much better signal here than yesterday.  Good enough that I'm
sure I can find out whether or not it's Vietnamese.

702 - NHK2 synchros at 1402 with English language lesson as clear as I
often hear it on 774.

729 - Seemed to be a mixture of Japanese and Chinese here

918 - China in nicely here.  Surprisingly, my first log on this freq.

1323 - CRI in Russian at 1404.  First time logged on this frequency, and
with an echo effect, as John Bryant noted yesterday.

1413 - Sounded like a play at 1326.  Rather weak, but sounded more
Japanese than Chinese.

1521 - CRI in Russian from Urumqi.  Not as good as last week, but still
fair.  //963 khz.

Add to that the TAs tonight (UK, Croatia, France, Switzerland for sure,
a possible Kuwait on 1548, and a couple of tantalizing non-English unIDs
on 1089 and 1215), and it's been quite a day.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta