Re: [IRCA] TPs Oct 9: Very Interesting

> John Bryant said: It was another very good morning to East Asia...

I did not give the band the time that it deserved but...
in the 7 (1355-1402UTC) minutes of tuning I noted fair audio on
594khz(JJ), 747khz(JJ), 774(JJ), 827khz(JJ), 972(KK), 1287(JJ), 1386(Lang), 1575
poor audio in splash on 558, 567, 576, 585, 612, 639, 756, 765, 792, 963(RR), 1566(KK)
wispy audio or solid carrier on 531, 603, 693, 738, 855, 1098

I agree with John that there is way more going on - on the domestic channels
with Alaskans. I often hear stations breaking through some of the more local
regional stations but I lack to experience to hunt them down -- cannot say
that I have heard or IDed an Alaskan station since 1996 while in Hawaii!

Ironically, I have not heard or IDed a Hawaiian station from North America
since the 70's!

This is what happens when you focus on the 9khz plan entirely to the
detriment of hearing anything interesting on the "ten".

And the truth is -- there is stuff right under my nose that I am
probably missing.

Request to John for the benefit of the IRCA list.
Please explain what the "Wellbrook Array" is.

I use, at minimum, 2 Wellbrooks off of my balcony into a Misek/Lankford phaser.

--
Colin Newell - Editor/Creator coffeecrew.com | dxer.ca
Web-Design / E-Commerce / Writing