[IRCA] TP's for 6 Oct 2007

An interesting morning here in southern Alberta.  First tuned in at 1305
and found a great signal from 4BC on 1116.  Switching to the NW beverage
yielded a decent signal playing a mix of classical and nostalgia tunes.
  Unfortunately the signal tended to peak during the music and dip
during the talk, so was unable to pin down the language.  The powerful
Japanese outlets were in nicely again, though 828 wasn't the massive
signal it was yesterday.  Also noted bits of TP audio on 1053, 1242,
1386, and 1422.  By 1330 I'd moved back the DU antenna though, as
signals from that area were unusually good.  Apart from 1116, also had
very good audio on 891 (both 5AN and 4TAB were logged) and 774.  For
some reason 702, the other DU regular, was barely breaking into audio.
The highlight though had to my best yet Aussie audio on 639. It was in
parallel with 891, so presumably either 8RN or 5CK.  If it had faded up
a few minutes earlier I could have caught the 1330 ID.  Any suggestions
from the coast on which is more likely?

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta