Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 12:27:59 +0300
From: "Mauno Ritola" <Mauno.Ritola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Housing the RF-Space SDR-IQ
	<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Why don't people here consider more the third alternative for the transition

period: using both the conventional and SDR rx? SDR-IQ with Spectravue is
relatively cheap (and takes minimum space on the desk!), so one can still
keep also the conventional receiver. Spectravue is admittedly (still)
cumbersome in real time listening, but it works fine with playback of the
190 kHz span recordings. In that respect some say it is handier than Power
SDR? So I use AR-7030+ for real time DXing and SDR-IQ ONLY for 190 kHz
recording and playback.

73, Mauno