Re: [IRCA] WGN 720

Earlier this week, WGN's digihash was destroying 710 and 730 here
(northern Minnesota) at nite.  However, it's seemed to have calmed a
bit the last couple of days.  Can't help but wonder what the hash is
doing to the fringe areas of WDSM (710) and KWOA (730).  (Poetic
justice, perhaps, since KWOA was at the forefront of the DBA's efforts
to allow night broadcasting for daytimers {another FCC aberration}).
Incidentally, the worst nighttime IBOC offender noted here is WHO who
generally renders 1030 and 1050 unlistenable (except for careful loop
orientation).  Again have to wonder of the impact on the fringe areas
of WCTS (1030) and KLOH (1050) for those with "normal" radios.  More
poetic justice; if I null WHO, the loop points towards Boston and WBZ's
hash pretty well obliterates WHO. - John S.