Re: [IRCA] Phasing /RF notch, etc.

> There must be some short or break in the coax shield, or something? You
> should get a drop in stray signals. The the units I used are different
> using the smaller ferrittes and RG coax. But boy what a difference here.

I thought that myself.  However, with the far end terminated in a 50 ohm
dummy load, I still got 54 ohms of DC resistance when measured.  That's over
300 feet of wire, total distance.  four ohms doesn't seem unreasonable for
that effective distance.  That means the shield had at least DC continuity.

I can make another.  Took literally a minute to wind on the large toroid.  I
have two of them, so maybe I'll double up to get the larger core area.

Meanwhile, it's CAT5 time..

Craig Healy
Providence, RI