Re: [IRCA] This 1 to 10 rating system

> Soemone please explain it to me !!
>
> I think a 1 is a barely detectable carrier and a 6 is barely audible
> audio..but please please explain it to me !!

According to the highly respected Hall-Patch/Salmaniw/Bryant/Portzer
algorithm -- developed by Dr. Bill in the 60's while he was
working on the Nasa program... it means:

1 - 10% intelligibility or 1 in 10 words copied
2 - 20%     "   "   "      2 in 10 words copied
3 - 30%     "   "   "      3 in 10 words copied
 ETC ETC ETC
8 - 80%     "    "   "     8 in 10 words copied
 ETC ETC ETC
10 - 100% copy.

--
Colin Newell - Editor/Creator - CoffeeCrew.Com | DXer.CA