Re: [IRCA] IBOC Revisited

Barry,

Very good points. As most of you know, I go after the really flea power
DX. Domestically do you think I would ever have heard stations like WLSD
1220 Big Stone Gap, VA with 45 watts, if I had an HD station on 1230 or
1210?  This is a real concern of any serious MW DXer. On the
International side.... How about Nepal on 792 or 576 khz, India on 864?
630 Cook Islands with 500 watts? Need I say more.  I have been active MW
DXer for 45 years with nearly 3,000 MW QSLs from 91 countries.
I have been thinking about moving if IBOC gets to be a reality to the
point where the MW band is a wasteland. After losing Bob, DXing has been
one thing I have really enjoyed and in part has helped me along a lot.
Not much would drive me out of the beautiful NW coast. My plan has been
to live here the rest of my life, but if the hobby goes, I may to. It
would be a huge change for me, but time will tell. I just hope and pray
that IBOC is short lived and few stations go for it.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager