Re: [IRCA] mw qsls & my thoughts

The QSLs can still be gotten. You just have to work at it a bit harder
these days and be willing to  take whatever you can get. Often the QSL
will be a prepared card that the DXer sends and gets signed,  or maybe a
FAX or e mail QSL. There generally is someone at a station that will QSL
your report. You just have to look. Also stations change personal at
times and the next person may be more apt to QSL a report. You just have
to do things a bit different than 20 years ago. There is always the one
way you can have a 100% return is to pysically visit the station, like
if you are going in that direction on vacation or a business trip. I
have only been turned down once for a QSL when walking in the door,  and
that was the old KISN Portland back in the 70s, but I later got one
anyway.
Always be polite and you know the "PR" thing. Rudeness never gets a
person anywhere. After all the station is going out of their way to do
YOU the favor. There have been some negative problems involving a few
DXers and radio stations the past few years and things like that do not
help our situation.
   A few weeks ago, the IRCA had their yearly convention in Salt Lake
City. We had wonderful tours of KSL/KUTR and KSOP. The people at the
stations could not do enough for us with stickers and other great
goodies.  As I always have said that we need the stations more than they
need us. So always keep that in mind.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin