[IRCA] Second Fabulous Asian AM inna Row

[IRCA] Second Fabulous Asian AM inna Row

Gee, I had a second fabulous Asian AM in a row.  The Japanese all
seemed down some, but the Chinese and others were hopping. I had 57
channels with at least threshold audio, with 26 of them putting in
listenable audio. The Chinese led the pack, though there were a
number of Japanese and Koreans present, along with my first logging
of Viet Nam 675 of the year.It was particularly strong from 1250
tune-in until just before TOA (natch.) No question about the
language. Other unusual stuff included a big O.C. on 702 for quite a
while, the Chinese over-riding the JJ on 774 (unprecedented), the
Chinese doing well just beneath KGO on  810, CNR2 on 918 with at
least two other echos.... it really sounded like three or four. Love
those non-synched synchronous transmitters. Another really
interesting non-catch was what was going on beneath 990 after
Winnepeg faded down and the little station in Oregon was wiped out
with the Wellbrook Phased Array. CNR2 was there, parallel the echos
on 918, but beneath that, I had a semi-classical concerto featuring
piano as the lead instrument, but with an orchestra. The only two
possibilities that make any sense to me (evening weekend programming
from Asia) would be a station in Mongolia that might not be on at
this time and a 1 kW Mayak station.  Would love other guesses on this one.

1017 had the Korean rather than the usual Japanese. Early, the signal
on 1053 was the usual jammer plus JJ; later this was just a bit of
jammer and a whole lot of pure Beijing dialect. There is a Chinese
station scheduled in standard CC from Yangji near the North Korean
border that was probably the culprit.

The high band was moderately full, but nothing beyond the normal JJ
and CC mix, at what seemed somewhat reduced levels.

A really interesting morning, with the Wellbrook Array being the
antenna of choice every time I checked and proving especially helpful
on the channels that coincide with NAm stations.

John B.