Re: [IRCA] reactive terminations. Cheepie FM transmitter

At 01:43 PM 9/8/2007, you wrote:
>At 11:09 AM 9/8/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>>Charlie,
>>
>>         How about a cordless microphone transmitter?  I think that they
>>operate on FM and are not too expensive.
>>
>>Art Peterson
>>Richmond, CA
>
>Good thought, Art. The $70 FM broadcaster from C
>Crane is WAY too
>expensive for only occasional use. I have an AM signal generator that I
>can put on another antenna, but the FM mike thing is probably the best way.
>
>Do you know of any such wireless mike?
>
>Charles

Fellas, I'm using a "Sima mini SoundCatcher" wireless remote transmitter.  I had forgotten that I even had it until today.  I had used it as a wireless mike for portable video recording.  Made a lot of sense during taping, as the mike could be right up at the subject, while the camera some distance away.  It's FM, but I'm not sure of the frequency.  Compared to a wireless mike (the standard type with a wire hanging out the bottom), this thing worked like a charm and gave good reception on it's receiving side throughout several floors of my house and into the basement, as well as outside in the yard perfectly.  The standard wireless mike started to break up when I left the room.  I suspect these, if they're no longer available, might be found second hand or on eBay.  Not sure of the extreme range, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's long range............Walt.