Re: [IRCA] pirate story

The one here (92.9 FM in San Jose) is first adjacenent to KNGY (92.7/Alameda) but they only interfere with the southern edge of KNGY coverage.  Usually, 92.9 from Healdsburg is pretty strong here, but not with the pirate on the air.  It sounds like what got FCC ticked was when the station started selling advertising.

  Mike

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Patrick,

That is generally the way it is done. You don't find a situation like
there was in Hawaii. I think it was down near South Point on the Big
Island as I remember. Some kid often is running the pirate and the FCC
warns him and it is history. Once in a while the FCC gets tough, but not
often. A warning does it. But in the case of interference to a licensed
station that is a different matter too.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin