[IRCA] SEP 8 TA and antenna report

Jim Renfrew
Holley NY

SEP 8
2105 EDT

1134    A huge signal tonight from Croatia, on my new 150 foot NE wire, as
well as the 250 foot south wire.  My 500 foot wire aimed west (used for TA's
last year) is being relocated further from the house and I hope to have it
back on line tomorrow evening.  The NE wire that crosses a quarry pond to an
inaccessible part of my property can be extended (neighbor has given
permission) when I figure out a way to get over there.  The first 150 feet
of wire got across over the ice, but the hill on the far side was too
slippery for my son to climb at that time.  The pond is drying out and there
are a few crossing points emerging, but still pretty muddy down there.  The
shore has receded enough that I've been able to straighten the wire by
reaching around a tree that is now on dry ground.

585    Amazingly, this is the only other signal with audio tonight.  Some
wishful thinking audio noted on 1341 and 909.