Re: [IRCA] TPs for 09-07-07

At 06:46 AM 9/7/2007, you wrote:

>Good Morning,
>
>Listened from 1110-1345 ut.  Japanese and a few DU's with audio this
>morning.  No HLAZ 1566.  Upper band dead here, lower channels have
>been dominating the last couple of mornings.  Trying to record some audio on 702 & 738, both weak with brief up rises in audio every now and then.
>Have a recorder on each channel.
>
>594              Japan, JOAK weak at 1222 with man in Japanese. Fair 1238
>
>639              DU level 5, KFI really makes this one hard when it has any
>                    audio.
>
>693              Japan, JOAB weak at 1141 with man in Japanese. Fair 1240
>                    Splash.
>
>702 T          Australia, 2BL assummed to be the one with man in English
>                   at 1330 with weak fast fading signal.
>
>738 T          Australia, 2RN weak English at 1253, splash from KCBS
>                   Weak audio for about a minute.
>

>774              Japan, JOUB weak at 1145 man in Japanese.  Fair 1243
>
>828              Japan, JOBB very weak at 1147

Similar here, Dennis.  One of those, "should have slept in mornings".  I monitored between 12:26 and 13:50.  Very mediocre morning.  Weak opening to Japan initially with the usual NHK2 powerhouses on at
fair strength.  I did hear HLAZ weakly early on.  The Russian LW were not present, except for very weak 279.  Very modest DU swing later in the morning.  Frustrating in that they would briefly be 7 to 8 quality...
a few seconds only, and just as I'd set up to record, they'd fade into oblivion.  So this mirrors what Dennis heard as well.  639 Fiji wasn't bad.  Very modest dawn enhancement with DU signals predominating.  Here's
the catch:   (6 unless otherwise noted)

279
558 Korean or Japanese at 12:18 at a 7
567 presumed 2YA at 13:00 at a 7
576 weak audio at 13:19  ?2RN
612 presumed 4QR at 13:23 at a 7
639 Radio Fiji.  Nice 7 signal at 13:25 and 13:09
675  DU station at 13:30 at a 7
702 weak audio at 13:35
738
747 NHK2 at 12:41
774 NHK2
801:  C&W music at 13:42....not a frequency I often pick up audio.  DU presumed
828  NHK2 before 13:00 at an 8, and 3GI at 13:41
1017
1053
1287 JJ
1566

That's it for this paltry morning!  Hope for better conditions tomorrow!...........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria