[IRCA] DU's DU's DU's

What a morning!! It reminded me of the early 80s. "DU-City"!! A few TPs,
JOUB, JOIB, Korea 972, etc, but by far DUs. Even Guam 801 and DZEC 1062
made bried appearences. Got the latest call for 1071 Maryborough Vic.,
3EL.  I have not heard them in 20 years. Great signal with pops.
Here are some highlights.

First off, DUs on almost every channel from 531-900. Then the upper part
of the band, not as many, but popping in like Radio Rhema- 909,
3EL-1071, and 4BC-1116.

531 khz  I first tuned in at 1230 UTC to find a mix on 531 of "Talk
Tonight" coming out of Sydney, a great spot break, with lots of "531 4 K
Zed" IDs, then "More Music, More Variety, 2PM", followed by Island
music, presumed to be PI New Zealand. Hints of a 4th station, which may
have been 3 Double G, but no chance of an ID. (Drat, as I still need
that one!) Also more "Here on the Tropical Coast, 4 K Zed News", then
bits of JOQG a bit later.

612 khz   4QR  Sydney, like it was across the street. Peaking at S9+10
DB!! Easily audible on the Sony 5SW, a piece of cake. Infact I was
listening to a talk show talking about CFB's and conserving of electric
rates. So they have the same issues as we do.

801    2RF   Gosford, NSW, Radio Italia, armchair copy at times with man
in Italian at 1346. I could not remember if I had this one QSL'd (I
did), so I paused to go check for the QSL, when I returned KTWG Guam had
taken over the channel! That one is not needed either, but I was quite
shocked to say the least!!!

1017   2KY   Sydney NSW, Very good at times with "Give a call here at
2KY" at 1329. About S5-6.

1062   DZEC  Philippines, in the jumble with Tagalog talk, but having a
tough time with co channel 4TI (presumed) with ABC talk at 1325.

1071   3EL    Maryborough, Vic, good at 1356 with Silly Love Loves by
Wings, a great 'Radio 10-71" ID at 1352, then at 1358, a cluster of
spots and a "1071 3EL" ID. I did not have this one with the new call.

1116   4BC    Brisbane, Q, Probably S8 or S9 at peaks with with several
"4-B-C" IDs at 1315.

1503    Radio Sport, NZ quite good at peaks at 1345 with U.S. Sports
pgm. I believe Radiol Sport is partly owned by Fox or ESPN, or some U.S.
outfit,

Also I had Aussie talk on 1296 (4RPH?), 2BA-810 was topping KGO for a
bit around 1350.

What a morning, and I at least something new, even though I had 1071 as
3CV QSL'd back in 1979.

Also on 1053 I had the jammer, KK talk, and JOAR. The jammer is not as
strong as it used to be. Maybe some CC was in the mess too.

Drake R8
SW.WNW EWE's

73,

Patrick