[IRCA] CBEF-540 Windsor ON

On 28-Aug-07, at 7:27 PM, Joe Miller, KJ8O wrote:

> Hi Deane,
>
> Do you know what, if any, plans the CBC and CRTC has
> for CBEF 540 in Windsor? There's a new French speaking
> station on FM for Windsor (400 kHz away from two major
> Detroit stations).

I presume that you are referring to CJBC-FM-1 on 103.9 MHz, which
carries the second CBC French service Espace Musique. There has been
an ongoing project over the past few years to expland this service, and
also the secocd English service, Radio 2, across Canada. Both
networks have always been FM only.

I know of no plans for CBEF-540 (the Premiere Chaine station) nor
CBE-1550, the Radio 1 station, to move to FM. I think the probe is
a lack of FM frequencies in the Detroit-Windsor area, otherwise like
almost all CBC AM stations in eastern Canada they would have moved
some years ago.

73,

Deane McIntyre VE6BPO