[IRCA] Coax update

I had a bit of time this afternoon, so I thought, why not check out the
coax for the vertical, to see what that is. Well, it is the best out of
the bunch. I found double shield and a good foil wrap glued inside. It
looks like at least 3 or 4 covers of shielding. So I put a F fitting on
it along with a termination and check for leakage. Still not perfect,
but better. The locals were S5-S7, not S9, so I connected that piece to
the beverage and I do notice stations like KNBR-680 a bit weaker off the
Eastern beverage than before. Not a biggie, maybe 5 DB or so, but an
improvement. So replace the coax on at least two of the antennas and
things should be better for directivity.  I don't have the vertical
connected to coax at the moment as I dont have a new box for it, but I
rarely use the vertical anyway.  Back to packing.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager