Re: [IRCA] moisture proofing boxes

--- Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Well, the posters may have a good point. Maybe I should not have been
> so
> hasty to seal up that box Maybe I should take is lose and leave a
> hole
> or two in the bottom for any moisture to run out. I should have
> thought
> about condinsation as the plastic bottles get beads of moisture on
> the
> inside in the Winter, can I espect anything less for metal boxes?
> Thanks Nick.
> If I lived in a dry climate, I would not have to worry about, like
> Rancho Mirage CA.

I understand what you're saying there, but if you do that, you will
negate the point of having a sealed metal box - those holes will admit
stray signals you don't want. I don't think you want to get into
temperature-and-humidity control with this, but....

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id