[IRCA] Which 1600 is off-frequency?

UNIDENTIFIED. A 1600 kHz station is off-frequency, about 1600.1 or slightly
more, I would estimate. This het has been audible for years, but I have never
been able to nail it down with all the QRM. This morning, August 3, it was
still audible at 1315 UT; meanwhile KUSH Cushing OK gave way to further KRVA
Metroplex TX in Vietnamese, and as that was happening it was clear those two
stations were only 4 Hz apart, so that rules them out as source of the het. It
can`t be too far away, and there are 1600 stations in all states adjacent to
OK.

Would appreciate others monitoring for this, especially on local stations in
neighboring states during the day. It won`t be obvious if there is nothing else
to het against, but with BFO you can compare it to other stations known to be
on frequency, perhaps something on 600, 9600 (not XEYU!), 11600, 15600, or WWV.

Is anyone else at least hearing the het? Possibly it is something local, altho
too long-term to be a talking house, unless a forgotten transmitter.

I know there is are groups keeping track of precise TV, and MW frequencies
outside the US, as an aid to DX IDs, but how about inside, even in mid-America?

There used to be frequency-measuring services, checking these out routinely,
and maybe in FCC records, but I assume all that is a pastthing now. 73, Glenn
Hauser, Enid OK