Re: [IRCA] FCC Goes After California TIS

--- Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Charles,
>
> It may be that someone complained about QRM from a TIS/HAR and the
> message got from an NAB member to the FCC. The NAB is famous for
> lighting a fire under the FCC and getting them to act on things
> including pirates. As one FCC offical told me quite a few years back
> in
> Portland that they do not act on a pirate, even if they know about it
> generally.They act on complaints. So if you operated a pirate and no
> one
> complained then you could operate it forever I guess. Pirates are
> common
> in Hawaii Chuck Boehnke told me. Few ever complain about them unless
> they QRM a licensed station.

*** And they usually don't even investigate without a complaint from a
licensed broadcast station of some kind which is being interfered with.

"...if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it...."

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id