Re: [IRCA] FCC Goes After California TIS

--- Michael Hawkins <downsized99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was curious because the owner of ABDX (another DX list for those
> who don't know already) asked me what WX stations I could hear from
> this location.  The San Francisco area one on 162.4 was strong but
> did not ID (including TOH) and the Monterey one on 162.55 also did
> not ID.  The 162.475 station was extremely weak and I'd love to know
> where it came from.  All were running WX for SF and Monterey Bay
> areas.  At this time of year, I'm locked in on TV and FM DX but I
> just happened to have a WX radio.  I know they used to ID on each
> loop of the broadcast, but the loops are also know extremely long in
> this location.

Those are all likely operated from the same weather center, so it's not
surprising that they're all behaving the same. There are multiple
regional stations administered and operated by a single center.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id