From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Scott Fybush
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 2:19 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America; nRC-AM; 'FMTV
WTFDA'; ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [IRCA] Last reminder - Informal Northeast DX GTG *THIS SATURDAY*

Hi folks...

Just a reminder that we're only a few days away from the "Informal
Northeast DX Get-Together" at Jim Renfrew's place in Clarendon, NY, just
west of Rochester.

The original information is attached, and if you haven't RSVP'd yet, or
  if you need directions or have any questions, please e-mail me ASAP
(scott@xxxxxxxxxx). It's promising to be a fun time, and I hope you can
join us if you're in the neighborhood!

> Mark your calendars...SATURDAY, JULY 28 is the one date we've found that
> will work for an exceedingly informal gathering of DXers in the
> northeast, inspired by the wildly successful Madison-Milwaukee GTG.
>
> In lieu of any organized eastern convention this year, Jim Renfrew has
> kindly offered up his new spread in Clarendon, New York, about 20 miles
> west of Rochester and 15 minutes north of NY Thruway (I-90) exit 47, for
> DXers to get together for a day of conversation, recreation and maybe
> even some DX.
>
> There's absolutely no agenda - just show up, bring a radio or a TV if
> you'd like (Jim will have his receivers and antennas fired up, and I'll
> bring out mine as well), pack a bathing suit if you fancy a dip in the
> creek or the hot tub, and at the end of the day maybe we'll all go out
> for some dinner somewhere.
>
> There are several inexpensive hotels in Brockport, about 5 minutes away
> from Jim's place, as well as in Batavia, about 20 minutes to the south.
> No organized discount rates or anything like that; if you need a hotel
> room, contact one of us and we'll point you in the right direction.
>
> No organized station tours, though if enough people were interested in
> seeing WXXI, I'm sure something could be arranged.
>
> No scheduled presentations, but if Rich Wertman wants to bring some
> stuff to sell, I'm sure there will be ready buyers.
>
> There's nothing organized for Friday or Sunday, either, for those
> arriving early or leaving late. The Rochester Red Wings (AAA affiliate
> of the Twins) and the Batavia Muckdogs (single-A affiliate of the Cards)
> are both at home Friday night, and the Muckdogs are home Sunday
> afternoon as well, for any who are interested.
>
> RSVPs would be nice, and I'm sure Jim would appreciate a few bucks
> toward the cost of refreshments, or bring along some refreshments to
> share, if you'd like.
>
> Spouses and families are welcome. Check with Jim about dogs and horses
> and such.
>
> Please feel free to share this notice among other DXers...the more, the
> merrier!
>
> 73 and Good DX from your Northeast Unconvention Disorganizing
Non-Committee,