Re: [IRCA] Measuring D-C resistance of ground rods to earth

From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
.  Most of the traditional
> methods use power line frequencies; however, I've used the three
> point method using an AC generator at various frequencies up to 5
> MHz, and ended up getting really confused with the results
> (decreasing conductivity with frequency....).   Ran out of time, and
> never went back to it.

Nick

Did you mean decreasing conductivity with increasing frequency?  If so, that's the way it's supposed to work.  Otherwise, something weird happened if conductivity decreased at lower frequencies.

One reason CBK has North America's largest daytime coverage area is because it's at 540 kHz (along with having 50kw in a location with very conductive soil).

Bruce