[IRCA] KXTO-1550-Reno Test

>From my location here in San Francisco I listened for the first of the
scheduled tests from KXTO at 1 a.m. PDT....Actually I listened from
0058-0111.

Local 10 kw KYCY or KYOU as they like to call themselves, due to their
format of I-Pod/YOU-Tube programming was running a show called
'Gravediggers Holiday'.  Assumed XEGM-Tijuana was running a decent 2nd
behind KYCY with Mexican pop music.  About 0105 PDT I heard a voice
through the racket (KYCY was playing a Jimi Hendrix song at the time) in
english mention DXers.  Shortly after a short series of high pitched
tones were heard.  Nothing heard thereafter.

I've heard KXTO at night a number of times a few years ago.  Maybe there
were excellent conditions at the time or maybe they were on daytime
power.

This with my Kiwa Loop aimed Northeast which is in KYCYs null (such as
it is).  Pointed NW I get mucho QRN plus the Vancouver WA station.

Would like to try again but I have to go to my granddaughters birthday
party tomorrow noonish.

73

Don Kaskey
S.F. CA