[IRCA] SALT LAKE CITY DX

I just attended a Rotary convention in Salt Lake City and have the
following to report. Unless otherwise indicated, receptions were
noted consistently between 6/15-6/20 from the car driving around SLC
on US 80:

530  SLC area. Generally the top station featured a female announcer.
The signal was extremely distorted and I could never understand what
she was saying. The station under it never arose to intelligibility.
620  KJOL Grand Junction, CO - unexpected; weak days
700  KALL North SLC. We were staying in a time share in Park City. I
was surprised at its nighttime signal strength to the east, toward WLW.
760  WTEE-956 Murray. First noted testing 6/19 2100 MDT with NWS
weather, other test segments recorded during a winter snowstorm and
announcements alternating between "Murray City AM Radio Network" and
"Murray City Emergency Network."
1200 WPKM-997 SLC Airport - fair coverage around the city
1420 KIGO St. Anthony, ID presumed, SS //1480, 6/17 2100 MDT from
Park City. Probably not 12w.
1480 KRXR Gooding, ID presumed, SS //1420, 6/17 2100 MDT from Park
City. Probably not 93w.
1700 (HAR) Park City, UT. A sign promoting it was seen but it was not
on even though traffic-delaying road work on Hwy. 224 was taking
place over the weekend.

Both 820 and 1160 had their IBOC on Friday afternoon but only 820 was
noted with it on Saturday. No sideband hash noted at night any time
during our stay.

Nothing exhilarating but it's always fun to check things out from a
different location.

Pete Taylor
SLC (car radio) and Park City (DX 398 bare), Utah