Re: [IRCA] Beverage antenna downlead angle

Re: [IRCA] Beverage antenna downlead angle

Chuck,

Thanks. Then, if you have a perfectly level beverage from end to end,
let say 10 feet off the ground,  then how do you connect the coax and
matching transformer at one end and terminate it at the far end without
sloping it down?  You would get some vertical pickup no matter what you
did. I guess on the matching transformer side you could connect the
matching transformer, 10 feet off the ground and then bring the coax
down, but on the far end, having a ground rod stuck up 10 feet is not a
great idea. I guess a person is stuck no matter what they do.
I have it sloped down about 4 feet to ground to the copper pipes at the
far end over a period of about 50 feet.  But I am thinking of adding a
couple ground rods over to just under where the wire comes over to the
matching transformer on this side and physically move the antenna and
matching tranformer up on the tree limb and just run the coax down the
side of the tree, rather than sloping the beverage on this side. That
would take care of and sloping on this end. The far end, I guess I
cannot do much about that. Right now my ground rods on this side where
the matching transformer is, it is about 3 feet over to the side. If I
add a couple rods under where the beverage comes down, I can easily then
add a bit of coax and physically move the matching transformer up on the
limb and then go straight over with no sloping. What do you think?
Comments?  I do have some sloping anyway as I had to raise it so the
farm equipt. would ge through. So I am wondering my change on this end,
would it make any difference?

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin