[IRCA] WDJS-1430 Mt. Olive, NC & strong SAH!

At 09:08 PM 6/18/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>Charles:
>
>The co-ordinates for WDJS' CP are: 35-12-1.0 N 78-7-23.0 W  and for their
>current license: 35-12-16.0 N 78-3-6.0 W
>
>Paul

Paul,

Then I think that they were testing the new array at low power. That makes
sense, since (hopefully) they can adjust ATUs for correct parameters
despite the other transmitter site being on the air. Still would have to
(1) take WDJS off the air to bring in their ATUs and phasing equipment
to parameters, or (2) do it during the experimental period.

Anyway, I think they're finished QRMing themselves.

I DESPERATELY need a 10/2.5-kW on 1430 in Wayne County, NC. NOT!

I remember a case where some station was going to move to an adjacent
channel and had to do field intensity measurements on the adjacent
channel. So they switched frequencies for maybe 1 minute every hour,
long enough to do a field intensity measurement on the new channel.
ANYONE REMEMBER the case of the SK, MB or AB station that got a CP for
1430? They set up, if I remember correctly, but didn't notice that
they had gotten a 1440 crystal. Did the proofs and were all set when
they found out they were on the wrong frequency. Turns out 1440 "worked"
for their pattern, so CRTC (or whatever the regulatory body was then...
in the 60s) granted them 1440!

Think they went to FM since then.

Charles

  Charles A Taylor, WD4INP