[IRCA] Noise levels

Greetings,

I had a bit of time this morning as it is raining and not too busy. I
thought I would check my noise level in the house with all the satellite
equipment on and then off. I did not unplug anything as it is a pain to
reset all the the clocks. But just turning them off and then on. One
piece at a time. Using the matching transformers, good grounds, and RG6
coax to all of the antennas leading to the R8. To be totally honest, I
could not tell any difference. None. The only thing the new 30 inch
Toshiba TV set I bought "may" cause a bit of increased noise, but if it
is, it is little at 15 feet from the R8 in the next room over from the
den. Of course the TV set is off when I am DXing anyway.
   I have natual gas for heat and recently the gas company put in one of
those transmitters on the meter so they can read in from the street, but
I have not noticed any noise from it. I do get increased noise on a
portable next to the light meter, but that has always been the case, but
I don't notice anything on the receivers in the house using coax.
However my neighbors TV sets seem to radiate to my Eastern beverage
running // to their houses, but unless they all go to satellite TV from
cable, the noise will be there. Some have, but one thing about cable TV,
it does radiate noise where satellite TV doesn't.
   Now in checking the SW EWE going out in the pasture from the back of
the house, my noise level on that is zero. The S meter is right at the
bottom. It has always been my quietiest antenna and it still is quiet
after 27 years of using it.
   I added my second ground rod at the end of the Eastern beverage the
other night and it helped even a bit better for directivity and noise
level. I especially notice it on groundwave during the day. But even
with the low A&K, cx are not that great. Hopefully tonight I can get
some bits of the NJ test on 1360.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin