[IRCA] Ground rods & beverage

Hi all,

I added my second 5 foot piece of copper pipe this evening at the end of
the beverage. I now have an additional $21.50 in the ground. hi. I dug
around for a while trying to find my old ground rods I had put in. I
thought when I added a lot of copper pipe back 6 or 7 years ago, I
thought I put some in at the end of the beverage. Well, I was wrong. All
I found were the two quite rusty Radio Shack rods I pounded in back in
1984 when I put in the beverage. No wonder my directivity had gone
downhill. Adding the second rod tonight even helped a bit more. I found
KGYN 1210 on top a bit ago and cx aren't all that great even with the
A&K low again. I guess because it is June. But it looks like the
beverage is beginning to "cook" again. I wish I would have checked this
years back, when I got new copper piping in for all of my other
antennas, but I guess I forget the beverage. Go fiqure...But now it is
done. It had been raining and I got my knees wet in the process and of
course the ground is still quite wet. Hopefully everything will go well
and the antenna we really do well for the DX Test. I can hope. But it is
working much better. No KFAX 1100 on it solid as it was, Now Grand
Junction dominates as it should. I also caught KPOW 1260 WY a while ago.
So I am quite pleased.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin