[IRCA] QRSS

The article below may prove very helpful:

http://www.ussc.com/~turner/qrss1.html

In searching for an article on QRSS, I encountered a phrase that may or may
not comprise the words for which the QRSS scheme the article describes
constitute an acronym: quasi-random signal source. As far as I can tell, the
article does not say that the QRSS technique it describes stands for
quasi-random signal source. (I searched the article for the text strings
"quasi-randon" and "quasi random" and came up with no matches.) However the
modulation scheme described in the article (which I'm pretty sure IS the
QRSS we are interested in) is related to picking signals out of random noise
by using a very slow data rate and very narrow-band filtering. So this
appears to be a case of somebody making a VERY unfortunate choice of
acronym! (And BTW, if I've figured it out correctly, the QRSS of interest to
this group is not, strictly speaking, an acronym--because the letters QRSS
are not the first letters in the words of a phrase that is the "longhand"
name of the technique.) Apparently the QRSS of interest to this group is
ham-speak for "slow your transmission speed (word rate) WAY down."

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@xxxxxxx
eFax 707-215-6367