Re: [IRCA] Copper/Radials

Just in the past few days a copper thief got caught in the Greeley CO
area. A railroad worker reported him to the police who caught him in the
act of stealing 300 feet of copper wire from the railroad. He led the
cops on a high speed chase but they caught him.

A couple weeks ago in Colorado Springs thieves stole the copper wiring
from inside of a number of aluminum light poles along a major street.
Everyone thought they were legitimate workers so nobody paid attention
to them. They got away.

Here in the Denver area a few months ago we had a thief electrocuted
while stealing copper from one of those ground mount transformer boxes.
As I recall the incident did not disrupt the power and wasn't even
discovered until a couple days later when some kids found his fried
remains.

Patrick Griffith, Westminster CO
Broadcast Technician
NRC Broadcasting - Denver