Re: [IRCA] WinRadio/Griffin powermate

Another SDR radio that might be considered is the SDR-IQ from RF
Space; I just got one this week and I have been having a lot of fun
with it. I've used radios for many years, but this SDR really turns
the way you think about radio on it's head. Seeing a visual
representation of the spectrum really opens up my understanding of
what's going on in the band; the SDR-IQ displays - and records - up
to 190 kHz of the band at once. The interface software is more
"instrument grade" than the tradition radio representation of systems
like the WinRadio, but once I got the hang of it, it was pretty easy
to use. The price ($400) is easier on the wallet than many of the
other SDR's now available. Universal Radio should have some more
systems in stock later this month.

I plan to suck up lots of wide-band recordings of the MW band over
the next few weeks (filling up a few hard drives, no doubt) so I have
something to listen to if the band gets too noisy post-IBOC,

Brett Saylor
Central PA