[IRCA] Problem With Kiwa Loop

At 10:27 AM 5/24/2007 -0400, you wrote:

>Wonder if anyone who has a Kiwa loop has this problem?
>
>When I use either one of the tuning controls they act like
>the control is dirty.  The signal jumps instead of smoothly
>peaking to maximum then back down.  Could both controls be
>dirty or bad?  Could something have had happened to the
>amplifier?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tom

Tom,

In case no one else has made any observations about your
Kiwa loop, I'll jump in here and suggest you get some
isopropyl alcohol and inject it into the controls. Then
operate the controls a few times. You may have to inject
some more alcohol.

It appears that the contacts within the variable caps
have gotten dirty. The alcohol out to clean that out.

I wouldn't especially recommend contact cleaner. I've
been through my private hells with that stuff.

Let us know if you're successful.

Charles

   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
  Greenville, North Carolina