Re: [IRCA] DX logging: WVBE-610 Roanoke, Virginia

At 05:07 PM 5/24/2007 -0400, you wrote:

>Chaz, they have a CP for an increase to 10 kw days, and 2.5 kw nites.....all
>aimed in your general direction......they may be trying it out WECU over in
>your area was loud last night around 11pm with gospel mentions and legal ID.
>73  Chris   K4NHL

Negatory Chris,

I converted my east/west 65-foot longwire into a 85-foot EWE. I have been
grounding the far end, leaving the far end floating, or terminating the
far end in varying resistances and inductances or capacitances to change
the directivity.

In this instance, I grounded the far end. That dropped WFNZ, Charlotte down
and brought WVBE up to where I could ID WVBE no sweat.

Just the same, if they go 10 kW, that will bring their signal intensity up
by a factor of 1.41. Enough to override WFNZ more often.

Yes, WECU. They are now my closest local. When I got assigned to VOA Delano,
got cancer, retired and came back; I wasn't even aware they had a CP and had
gotten on the air. That all changed when I started back DXing back in Sep-
tember 2006.

WECU is consistent at dropping power on time. I've only observed them on
day power at night one time.

73,

Charles

  Charles A Taylor, WD4INP