Re: [IRCA] Official Radio Reloj List

It's good to know Cuban radio networks are no
more accurate than US ones in their affiliate lists.

Didn't have a chance to study the list in detail
but noticed a couple obvious missing Radio Reloj
outlets that I regularly hear.

820 presumed Ciego de Avila, is not only a
regular into here but tonight has been putting on
a pretty impressive Wobbler concert to entertain as well.

Also missing from the list is 1020 presumed Jababo, LT.

The 860 Baracoa listing is doubtful since I
receive this signal well, and local opinion is
that it is more likely located at Colon,
MA.  WRTH lists both, the easiest way to not be completely wrong.

Of course there are several on the list I've
never heard, but that means nothing.

As I say I've not studied the list, I did find I
have a copy of it from places unknown though,
searching through my "stack of stuff".

One other problem with RR is that it seems to be
carried by stations as an after-hours filler.  So
the RR code and tones might be heard places on
the dial where otherwise one would hear other
Cuban services.  I'm still trying to hear again
an RR I heard back in January on 1610.

The list is certainly one starting point though,
just as is WRTH and other reference sources.

Bruce Conti published an article on Cuban radio
network affiliations which included Radio Reloj.

Here is a link:
http://members.aol.com/nrcidxd/cuba.htm

And here extracted is the RR portion:

Radio Reloj (www.radioreloj.cu)
570 CMDC Santa Clara (22°24'N 79°56'W)
660 Unknown location
670 Unknown location
760 CMCD Las Mercedes, Granma (20°07'N 77°00'W); 20 kW, off the air?
       CM-- La Habana 1 kW
790 CMAQ Pinar del Río (22°25'N 83°43'W)
790 Unknown location
820 CMDE Contramaestre, Santiago de Cuba (20°18'N 76°15'W)
830 CM-- Holguín (20°54'N 76°14'W)
850 CM-- Nueva Gerona, Isla de la Juventud (21°53'N 82°48'W)
860 CMDB Baracoa (20°21'N 74°29'W)
870 CMDT Sancti Spíritus (21°56'N 79°26'W)
910 CMGL Bolondrón, Matanzas (22°46'N 81°27'W)
930 CMJS Ciego de Avila (21°50'N 78°45'W) 10 kW
       CMGB La Jaiba, Matanzas 1 kW
       CMKN Santiago de Cuba (20°00'N 75°49'W) 1 kW
940 CMKD Holguín (20°54'N 76°14'W) 10 kW
       CMGU Central España, Matanzas 10 kW
950 CM-- La Habana 10 kW
       CM-- Mayarí Arriba, Santiago de Cuba (20°25'N 75°32'W) 1 kW
960 CMDJ Guantánamo (20°07'N 75°13'W)
1020 Unknown location; Bahía Honda or Moa?
1180 CMOD Nueva Gerona, Isla de la Juventud (21°53'N 82°48'W)
1270 CMHD Camagüey (21°23'N 77°54'W)
1610 Unknown location (new, 2006)
6060 CM-- Bauta (23°00'N 82°30'W), or Bejucal
(22°55'N 82°23'W); irregular, when R.Habana Cuba is off.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) Florida, USA