Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] NRC "Silent Station" List

--- Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A few that I know something about:
>
> > 1400  WEEP  Virginia        MN  12/2002
> > 1480  WISL  Shamokin        PA  1/2004
>
> I am mystified as to how these two haven't been completely deleted
> from
> the FCC database by now. They've both been silent for FAR more than a
>
> year, and neither filed for license renewal in the last cycle, so
> deletion should have been automatic at some point. WEEP does actually
>
> show as "DWEEP" in the records, but WISL still shows as licensed.

*** WISL reportedly continues to come on periodically in order to keep
the license valid. I've seen two or three reports of them doing that
since that listed shutoff date. Those dates in some cases may only
reflect when the station xeased 'normal' operations.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id