Re: [IRCA] KFI NBC?

Willis wrote:

Can anyone remember when KFI was an NBC affiliate?

In Corvallis, Oregon, in the '40s, KFI was the primary night-time NBC affiliate we would hear for NBC network programs. It would put in a more consistent signal into the Willamette Valley than KPO-680, KIRO-710 or even KGW-620. My parents (and I, as a result) listened to "The Richfield Reporter" every night at 10 p.m. PST/PDT to keep up with world news.

I remember KFI's winter month smudge pot reports to warn the orange growers when a freeze was due.

(I'll slip in a non-radio topic here: Any DX'er who enjoys chit-chat, write me off list and I'll build an ADDRESS BOOK GROUP where we can round-robin our words of wisdom, wit, and what-ever-else-have-you that violates http://www.ircaonline.org/guidelines.htm<http://www.ircaonline.org/guidelines.htm>.)

John Callarman, Krum TX aka Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon