Re: [IRCA] Sony 2010 Prices

> I would give the nod to the E1 as the best all
> around radio of the group.

> On FM (and this is important to me) its comes in
> second of the bunch by a small hair under the Sat
> 700 (which has narrower FM filters and RDS).  The
> Sony 2010 is not good for any sort of FM dxng IMHO.

I have no experience with Eton E1, but after having
both the ICF-2010 and Grundig Satellit 800, I agree
especially on FM performance.

I have 160 stations logged with the Grundig as the
whip antenna is quite directional. The Sony is not as
senstive, but also generates a signal at 21.4 MHz
below the main signal which can be heard in the
Japanese FM part of the band.

On MW performance, the Grundig is good, but I'll still
take ICF-2010 as it responds especially well to
directional loop antennas.

Just my 2 cents, thx for listening...

73 de Joe Miller, AB8YP, Troy, MI