Re: [IRCA] Sony 2010 Prices

Hi all, how does an eton 1 e compare with one of the grundegs like a
satellite 700 or 800?
On Tue, 8 May 2007 00:27:59 -0400, David Hochfelder wrote:

Tim,

The 2010 is an excellent rig for AM and SW DXing.  It was my primary
radio
for several years, and it did a great job for me.  I used it at the
first 3
LBI DXpeditions here in NJ, and it could hear 4/5 of what the Drakes
could.
Russ Edmunds also uses a 2010 at LBI.

I haven't used an Eton E1, but I know you can't go wrong with a 2010 in
good
shape.

Dave
Highland Park, NJ

From: George Sherman <georgesmn@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Sony 2010 Prices
       <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Maybe, but the Eton E1 is the best laptop portable ever made & you can
get
them for around $350 used vs $500 new. But if you get it new from
Universal,
you get another radio with it free. Or used from them 60 day warranty.
I've
heard MW stations from Europe, Africa & Middle East here in MN using
the E1
with (external) loop. The 2010 was only $345 new discount price. To
compare
2010 prices, if you're registered with eBay you can do advanced search
for
completed auctions only & see the range of prices they've sold for in
the
last 2 weeks. 73, George S., MN

Tim Kridel <tkridel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Is $299 a fair price for a 2010
in