[IRCA] Beverage antenna slant

Hi KAZ,

You saw my Eastern beverage when you were here last Fall. I have been
looking at the slant the antenna has down to my matching transformer
box. Any rule of thumb on how much slant I can get away with, without
affecting the pattern.? Everytime I look at it, it bugs me.  I have not
been as happy with the beverage since I had to raise the first 400 feet
of it anyway. It worked better on the old wire fencing. But
unfortunately that is gone and I was forced to raise it so the mowers
could be under it. At the top of the little hill, you may remember the
wire goes back onto the fence for the rest of the 11 feet to the river.
A slant downward I presume is better that a vertical downlead, even at 3
or 4 feet I would guess. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Patrick

Patrick Martin