Re: [IRCA] Trees whut got LAIGS!

Charlie,

That was a good one! I must admit that does sound odd. Most trees have
just a trunk that goes up. These "Shore Pines" have the trunk that
starts at the ground, but any where on up, the tree will likely split
off and you will see at least two trunks going up, maybe three (In the
case of the one in the backyard). They can be quite "Top heavy". When
they get older, the trees get brittle and snap off. What happened here.
I called them "legs" There is probably a better name, but I don't have
one. Some have called them limbs, but they are much bigger than a limb.
They can be almost as big as the trunk, and can have as much weight.
That is the reason they get so top heavy. On occasion they will "up
root" too, in the high winds.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin