[IRCA] Mott The Hoople

Bert, it's not exact but a couple of lines are very close:

Great song and band BTW, you must know All The Young Dudes?

(ian hunter)

Forgot my six-string razor - hit the sky
Half way to memphis fore I realised
Well I rang the information - my axe was cold
They said she rides the train to oreoles

Now its a mighty long way down the dusty trail
And the sun burns hot on the cold steel rails
n I look like a bum n I crawl like a snail
All the way from memphis

Well I got to oreoles yknow - it took a month
And there was my guitar, electric junk.
Some spade said rocknrollers, youre all the same.
Man thats your instrument. I felt so ashamed.

Now its a mighty long way down rocknroll
Through the bradford cities and the oreoles
n you look like a star but youre still on the dole
All the way from memphis

Yeah its a mighty long way down rocknroll
>From the liverpool docks to the hollywood bowl
n you climb up the mountains n you fall down the holes
All the way from memphis

Yeah its a mighty long way down rocknroll
As your name gets hot so your heart grows cold
n you gotta stay young man, you can never be old
All the way from memphis

Yeah its a mighty long way down rocknroll
Through the bradford cities and the oreoles
n you look like a star but youre really out on parole!
All the way from memphis