[IRCA] Cordless headphone

Hi All:

A couple of weeks back someone was asking if anyone had tried cordless headphones. At that time I hadn't tried them, but had been thinking about them. Since then I've bought a real cheap pair ($13.99CAN) via eBay just to try out. Considering the price, they work pretty good. As yet no interference from the transmitter which uses FM modulation on 85.75Mhz. The headset also covers the FM broadcast band with a scan feature. Plus they have a pretty good range. Downside is they are not rechargable with both the transmitter and the headset using AAA drycells and have to be switched on and off. If they prove to be as good over the long term I'll probably get a better set.

My reasons for wanting to try them out were twofold. When DX is good I frequently check ID's (or what I think are ID's) on my computer which is across the other side of my den. I couldn't do that with my old phones as the cord was not long enough. Second reason was even tho the cord was on the short side, it frequently became entangled in something, usually the arm of my office chair, and would get yanked off my head. The new ones being cordless, this is no longer an issue. So far I'm pretty pleased.

And no Colin, I don't feel the need to use old high impedance headphones with cotton covered wires ;-) At my age ease of operation and comfort are paramount.

Mike in St Isidore, AB