[IRCA] WNW EWE

After a couple people at the IRCA convention last Fall, that came buy my
place, the SE leg on the WNW EWE was not straight up and down
vertically, and they mentioned it.  I went out and climbed the tree and
moved the leg over farther and now it is much better. That leg is not
easy to get at 25 feet up in the tree, but after three trips up the
tree, I finally got it moved and the angle is about 5 degrees closer to
the NW now and a foot to 18 inches higher on that leg. The leg is also
not against the tree any longer. It seems to work better. In phasing the
SW and WNW EWE's now, I get a better signal to the NW/N/NNE. Like CHLW
1310 is now dominant, The lower mainland stations (Vancouver) have
gained about 5 DB or so. I still need to raise the other leg a bit, but
so far so good. But at 58, climbing up and down the tree three times is
not as easy as it once was.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin