Re: [IRCA] Towers and government

> Uhhhhh, Bob,
>
>     Grace Hopper was a Rear Admiral (Lower Half - i.e., Commodore),
U.S.
> Navy, and I think that she was the first woman (Rear) Admiral female
in
> the Navy.
>
>     Swabby Mike, Retired
>
> Bob Foxworth wrote:
>

> > Words of wisdom spoken by Grace Hopper, US Navy, perhaps a
> > colonel,

Well, Mike and Curt have rightly hauled me up the quartermast
and sent me back to LandLubbers 101. Tnx for the correction.

Bob, who never made it to the Navy. ALmost in the USNR in 1966.
Chief Milne - I recall to this day - how excited he got when he
found I was a ham and already knew Morse code. History of
a kidney stone a few years before kept me out. They said "I'd
be working in an embassy in Paris". Well, I suppose that
was 50 % correct. Maybe the embassy in Maputo. No promises.

Speaking of Morse code I heard W9WI Saturday night on 40 CW.
Doug are you on this list? It was during the "Georgia QSO party"

- Bob