Re: [IRCA] clock radios that "DX"

> My best clock radio DX was hearing a solid HET from 1178 VOA Okinawa
> (here on the West Coast...) on/about 1975-76
>> --
> Colin Newell - Victoria B.C. Canada

My best clock radio DX was on a table model GE transistorized
clock radio, usual plastic case, analog dial, sitting on the
nightstand, no external antennas of any kind, around 0100
local time, winter, early 1970's (sunspot minima) and hearing
a clear signal from Beromuenster-1562 when WQXR 1560 s/off.
Location Nassau County LI NY. Also hets from such as Germany
1538 but could not separate the audio of course. Ant was
just the usual 4 inch small loopstick.

- Bob