Re: [IRCA] The WSME transmitter

--- "Paul B. Walker, Jr." <walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Charles:
>
> Someone applied for 103khz at "Maxwell AFB", Alabama which is
> Montgomery.
>
> Wether or not it'll get granted, is beyond me.
>
> But, to the FCC.. i guess they consider the Military base it's own
> town. The
> tower can be 5 miles away, as long as it covers the "town"
>
> Paul

*** What Paul has been trying to say is that a license is granted for a
city which the station intends to cover. Neither the transmitter nor
the studios are required to be in that town. The fact that a military
base may be in itself a town or not is not really relevant, and since
nothing to do with the stationsis on the base ( except for its signal )
there's no need for any permissions.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]